I have known Pink Elephant for about 6 years. I was trained by Pink in ITIL V2, V3 and took their IT Executive training from one of their Sr. consultants ITIL V3 Author Gary Case. I have since become great friends with many folks within the Pink organization.
I've met David Ratcliffe President of Pink Elephant in the past, as Vigilant was a frequent sponsor of the Pink Elephant IT Service Management conference, however it was only this past February that I got a chance to get to know David well, mostly from our interactions on Twitter. David is a great example of one who embraces new technologies. When he first posted that he was going to use twitter to keep Pink Elephant Conference attendees up to date and allow questions from audiences, I was the first to share with him the horror stories. However, he pulled it off with great success and really made it a great event. Making me eat Crow, but with some salt it was fine.
Enjoy the great insights, stories and history of the organization that brought ITIL to the U.S.
Show notes here at the greatest ITSM site on the web:
ITSM Weekly The Podcast (Week 20) from ServiceSphere on Vimeo.
Week 20 Topics: Episode 2843 (well episode 20)
- George Spalding
- 6th Annual Latin America Conference
- Chris’s Party Imagine
- Did Hoop Finally Join HDI?
- itSMF USA
- Robert Stroud
- This week’s LIG Meeting (New England)
- ROWE (Results-Only Work Environment)
- Baby Jesus
- Pink Elephant (The Name Orgin)
- Pink Elephant Logo
- Lord of The Flies
- Ron Muns
- Knowledgebase Realities in 2010
- Support in The Cloud
- Moore’s Law
- Bring Your Own Desktop
- Gartner NO IT Assets In The Future
- Software Piracy
- Any Browser You Want (well but Sleipnir)
- The Future of ITSM (What 2 Areas are in your tomorrow)
- Ivanka Menken Blog
- Pink Verify (The HISTORY)
- Gartner Magic Quadrant ITSM Tools
- Pink Verify Criteria
- Are there Sales Targets for Pink Verify?
- Safe Toys
- David’s Blog