Wednesday, July 21, 2010

ITSM Weekly the Podcast (Week22) - Just the Boys

In our episode this week we tackle several major challenges facing IT managers.  Support during holiday seasons, licensing, and asset management are just a few things we hone in on.  I think sometimes we have had such fantastic guests, I forget what great talent Matt Beran and Chris Dancy are.

My Rules for Online SafetyOne topic we touched on though which is very personal to me as a father, CIO and Marketing Executive, is that of on-line safety and teaching children the balance of appropriate communication that is safe, and information sharing that is dangerous has proven to be a real challenge.  I am truly grateful for my many years of security awareness and policy training.  Because of my role and career I have expereiences and education most parents don't, & I truly feel for other parents whose children know more about on-line media than they do.  The most important thing you can do is monitor,  watch your children while they are on-line.  Let them drive (use the keyboard and mouse) and educate them on what to watch out for: Pop-ups, forms, etc...
I also highly recommend the Parent Control Bar program.  It is a free program that allows you to restrict internet access to certain websites http://download.cnet.com/ParentalControl-Bar/3000-27064_4-10539075.html
Yes, it's a pain, but it's worth protecting your children.


Here are the show notes for the Podcast:
http://www.servicesphere.com/blog/2010/7/1/itsm-weekly-the-podcast-week-22.html


ITSM Weekly The Podcast (Week 22) from ServiceSphere on Vimeo.



Week 22 Topics:  Episode 2953

No comments: