Social Media is changing the game for enterprises. It's not different for the CIO's. CIO"s have been asked to deploy internal and external portals that engaging and sharing of information for collaborative efforts. After months of research we come back to the business with a 6 figure proposal and 6 month timeline. The business reposnse - "can't we do this on Facebook now". That my friends is game changing. The thought of employees sharing information on facebook. Information like, "hey what's that link for time sheet entry?". "Yo, do you remember how to log in to the system again". How do you like those status updates going out to the social world. Think CIO's don't have to pay attention to new media environments and technology... think again.
This week we have on our show Juan Torres. Juan runs the help desk for Ohio Dominican University. He helps bring to light the reality of supporting the next generation of business community IT has to prepare to support.
Show notes here: http://www.servicesphere.com/blog/2010/8/29/itsm-weekly-the-podcast-episode-30.html
ITSM Weekly The Podcast (Episode 30) from ServiceSphere on Vimeo.
Christory, Christmas Gifts, CSI and Xbox
What happens when a CIO, a Service Desk Manager and an Industry Junkie Chat Weekly?!
Special Guest: Juan Torres
Series: ITSM and Higher Education
Submit Questions: Anonymously or Email or Call In: (765) 236-6383 or Twitter Questions/Comments #ITSMWP
Sponsor: Cherwell Software
Sponsor Special: Higher Education and ITSM Software
Episode 30 Topics:
- Inforonics Support Cast
- HelpDeskManager (on Twitter)
- ITSM Weekly UK version (aka @FakeITIL)
- The Help Desk is on Fire….we don’t need no water, let the…..
- Best Employees are Education Majors (NOTE: not IT)
- How to Train Higher Education Students to run a Help Desk
- Facebook Places for helping new employees (students)
- The Help Desk ate my homework
- If they use it at home, we support it on campus
- Shakira on a Roomba
- HDI Certification
- You are a support person for life
- Christory, The birth of Christmas Gift that keeps giving
- FrontRange Solutions
- Who is Cherwell? Cherwell Software our Sponsor!
- Help Desk vs Service Desk
- Help Desk customers FEARLESS
- HDI CSI, Customer Service Index
- Cone of Silence
- The Juan Torres (Help Desk Manager Higher Education)